Re: BUG #16259: Cannot Use "pg_ctl start -l logfile" on Clean Install on Windows Server 2012/2016

From: Heath Lord <heath(dot)lord(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16259: Cannot Use "pg_ctl start -l logfile" on Clean Install on Windows Server 2012/2016
Date: 2020-02-16 00:23:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 12:22 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Alexander Lakhin <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> >> Alexander, this was your patch to start with ... any thoughts?
>
> > Yes, it was my omission. Please look at the improved patch.
> > It works for me in both command prompts and still gives a meaningful
> > message on error.
>
> This seems basically reasonable but I'm not in a position to test it.
> Heath, can you see if this improves matters for you?
>
> regards, tom lane

I am sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, but I was finally
able to stand up a fresh VM, install and compile all of the Windows
dependencies, and compile everything from source with the provided
patch.
This patch fixes the issue that I was seeing with the 12.2 release. I was
able to run through all of my normal test scenarios successfully using
the patch.
I appreciate you looking into this and getting me a patch so quickly.

-Heath