Re: BUG #16031: Group by returns duplicate groups

From: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: David Raymond <David(dot)Raymond(at)tomtom(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs\(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #16031: Group by returns duplicate groups
Date: 2019-10-07 18:29:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

David> As an update, I've currently got a dump that consistently shows
David> weirdness when loaded. It's just the "name" field, has 1.3
David> million records, is 15 MB zipped, and has things garbled enough
David> that I don't mind sending it. How small does it need to be
David> before it's good to send to someone?

I got your file, and I put it up here if others want to test this:

http://www.rhodiumtoad.org.uk/junk/Bug_16031-BadGrouping.zip

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce any issue (as expected), and the
Windows guy who tested it for me also wasn't able to reproduce it. :-(

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)