Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longer available

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Tony Ryf <tony(dot)ryf(at)planetwerks(dot)ch>
Subject: Re: BUG #16284: Pg_dump is not working and PostgreSQL APP no longer available
Date: 2020-03-02 10:46:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 2 Mar 2020, at 11:22, Tony Ryf <tony(dot)ryf(at)planetwerks(dot)ch> wrote:

> How can I use the pg_dump from 11.4? There is only one pg_dump after the update from PostgreSQL to 11.4 from 9.3.13 on the QNAP Server?

I assume this upgrade wasn't using any PGDG distributions (since those provide
the full set of applications), so that's a question for whomever is creating
the distribution that you were installing. If you upgrade only upgraded the
backend server and not the client/serverside utilities then that sounds quite
wrong.

> And what about the issue that the PostgreSQL app is no longer available on QNAP Server?

Again, that's a question for the relevant vendor. The PostgreSQL project isn't
publishing a QNAP distribution.

cheers ./daniel