Re: BUG #16535: Implementing Autonomous Transactions in Postgresql

From: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>
To: ishasonal1841(at)yahoo(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16535: Implementing Autonomous Transactions in Postgresql
Date: 2020-07-10 21:40:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On Jul 10, 2020, at 14:30, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>

> I am trying to enable logging / auditing / progress tracking feature even if
> my all transactions are rollbacked back. I tried to handle it with
> procedures but its not working. Please suggest how can i achieve this
> feature in PostgreSQL 11.

The most straight-forward method might be to establish two separate connections to the database, one for the primary application workload and one specifically for logging and auditing, so that rollbacks or errors on the primary connection do not affect the logging connection.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
xof(at)thebuild(dot)com