Re: BUG #16379: configure with krb5 in centos6 will compile without linking to library com_err and krb5

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: sbai(at)pivotal(dot)io
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16379: configure with krb5 in centos6 will compile without linking to library com_err and krb5
Date: 2020-04-19 17:20:07
Lists: pgsql-bugs

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:
> postgres version is using branch REL9_0_23

You realize of course that 9.0.x has been out of support for years now;
whether there is a bug in it or not, we won't be fixing it.

Having said that, current versions of PG build fine on RHEL6 with
--with-gssapi, and all the dependent libraries get linked AFAICS.
I don't know of any reason why that would not have also been true
of 9.0.x. The configure fragments you presented do not constitute
evidence of any actual problem.

You might try --with-gssapi instead of --with-krb5; the latter
switch had already been deprecated for some time as of 9.0,
I think.