Re: BUG #16473: Marked as broken because of SQLSTATE(08006),ErrorCode(0)

From: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: singh(dot)bpratap766(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16473: Marked as broken because of SQLSTATE(08006),ErrorCode(0)
Date: 2020-06-02 06:20:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello.

At Mon, 01 Jun 2020 13:52:06 +0000, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote in

> Bug reference: 16473
> Logged by: Brajendra Pratap Singh
> Email address: singh(dot)bpratap766(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 10.8
> Operating system: CentOS 6.9
>
> We are getting the below error in postgresql db application log .
>
> 1) Marked as broken because of SQLSTATE(08006),ErrorCode(0)
>
> And after that we get below error
> Ran out of memory retrieving query result

This doesn't seem to be a bug of PostgreSQL.

> Please let me know if any further information required.

The messages don't seem to be of PostgreSQL but some googling told me
that it comes from JDBC driver. The underlying Java VM doesn't offer
enough amount of heap memory for the result. Maybe you can use
setFetchSize() to limit the number of result sent from the server at
once.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi