Re: BUG #16122: segfault pg_detoast_datum (datum=0x0) at fmgr.c:1833 numrange query

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Adam Scott <adam(dot)c(dot)scott(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16122: segfault pg_detoast_datum (datum=0x0) at fmgr.c:1833 numrange query
Date: 2020-01-13 22:33:41
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Adam,

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 10:56:32AM -0800, Adam Scott wrote:
> Thank you Michael! I know this is a late response but didn't want to
> clutter the message stream until we had confirmation, but I applied this
> patch to our server and could not replicate the bug. So this patch is
> working for us presently.

This was broken for ages, so there is a lot that has been done thanks
to you because you took the time to report the bug in the first
place. Tom has committed a much more paranoid (and better!) fix as of
652686a, so you will have the fix with the next minor release planned
on the second week of February, 10.12 in your case. The committed
patch did not include a regression test, but I am keeping track of
it.
--
Michael