Re: BUG #16138: Error while installing PostgreSQL

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: abhilash(dot)mishra(dot)10(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16138: Error while installing PostgreSQL
Date: 2019-11-26 14:18:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:34:20PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
>The following bug has been logged on the website:
>
>Bug reference: 16138
>Logged by: Abhilash Mishra
>Email address: abhilash(dot)mishra(dot)10(at)gmail(dot)com
>PostgreSQL version: 12.1
>Operating system: Windows
>
>I'm trying to install postgres on my system (on windows 10 OS) but at the
>end of the installation, I'm receiving the following error message "Problem
>running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The
>database cluster initialisation failed."

It's not clear which installer are you using (most likely the one from
EDB linked from https://www.postgresql.org/download/windows/, right?).

Anyway, the installer certainly produces some sort of install log which
should provide much more detail about the failure. It's impossible to
really help you with just the information you provided, so please search
for the log, I'd expect it in %TEMP% or similar location.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com