Re: BUG #15932: Module passwordcheck doesn't reference previous hooks

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: rafaelthca(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15932: Module passwordcheck doesn't reference previous hooks
Date: 2019-07-30 02:24:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Jul 29, 2019 at 03:56:35PM +0000, PG Bug reporting form wrote:
> Module passwordcheck doesn't reference (thus, doesn't call) previous
> hooks:
>
> https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/contrib/passwordcheck/passwordcheck.c#L133
>
> As a result, if passwordcheck is used hook check_password_hook becomes
> useless.

So, it would erase the trace of previous hooks if loaded last.
passwordcheck holds value as an example of use for some hooks, and
examples should be a good students, so I agree to do better and fix
that. The attached patch does the work, what do you think about it?
--
Michael

Attachment Content-Type Size
passwordcheck-prev-hook-v1.patch text/x-diff 1.1 KB