Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr(at)geomaster(dot)pt>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Date: 2019-07-26 04:58:08
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 12:13:32PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hearing nothing further on this, I went ahead with the patch as I had it
> on HEAD, and a tweaked version of your patch on the back branches.

Thanks Tom for taking care of that stuff. Coming late at the party, I
have one comment post-commit. Perhaps we could have a wrapper in
charge of doing this work in with something adding properly \0 at the
end of those strings for CR and LF and returning the new length after
adjustment, like pg_strip_clrf in common/string.c? There are nine
places changed on HEAD.
--
Michael