Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr(at)geomaster(dot)pt>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Date: 2019-06-21 00:42:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 09:48:25AM +0100, Jorge Gustavo Rocha wrote:
> Both patches works and fixes the problem, but this one is compiler
> independent.
>
> If this can be back ported, it would be perfect!

Thanks for testing. It seems to me that the current behavior is just
annoying, so there is a good argument for back-patching. Now it is
true that we have had few complaints on the matter over the years, and
usually in those cases we bother only about HEAD. I would still do a
back-patch in this case. Any Thoughts from others?
--
Michael