Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Dmitry Molotkov <aldarund(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE
Date: 2019-01-05 00:27:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 01:41:43AM +0300, Dmitry Molotkov wrote:
> Code is pretty much default empty django project with just with added
> package that cause error.
> I can create a github repo if dropbox not trust-inspiring or low friction
> :)

If you are able to create a reproducer which is made only of Python,
has only light dependencies with say psycopg2, and can be run on a
box, I am ready to buy it as a reproducer. If you cannot get a simple
thing, you may want to log the queries generated and extract a test
case from that because there should be only SQL involved in this
problem.

Then, please post the reproducer on this mailing list or just attach
it. This way, it can be seen and fetched again easily just using the
PostgreSQL community mail archives. If you post it only on github or
dropbox and if the source disappears (because companies go bankrupt
all the time), then we would lose it. I hope this makes sense.
--
Michael