Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: ertugrul9090(at)gmail(dot)com, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15511: Drop table error "invalid argument"
Date: 2018-11-18 02:32:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Greetings,

> (4) However, that leaves us with a translation problem, because msgfmt
> doesn't detect some things that we'll fail on at runtime. What shall
> we do about that?

I realize this is pretty pie-in-the-sky, but maybe we should have a
buildfarm member that's actually running the regression suite with every
translation we support..? Of course, then we should also have our
regression tests actually causing every error message to be hit at least
once or we'd still possibly miss things.

A shorter path, though one with less additional benefits, would
presumably be to find a way to make msgfmt fail on things that we'll
fail on..? Or otherwise detect such cases..?

Thanks!

Stephen