Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Dmitry Molotkov <aldarund(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15446: Crash on ALTER TABLE
Date: 2018-10-27 14:45:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

On 2018-Oct-27, Dmitry Molotkov wrote:

> I just checked with that statement and pgadmin and it still crash the db.
> Its not related to my pc, since i initially encountered it on CI with
> totally different os and setup, and then reproduced it locally.
> https://i.imgur.com/qn1cyOz.png here what happen if i execute that alter
> query in pgadmin

It probably depends on other things in the table -- maybe indexes, or
foreign keys, or something else. If you can reproduce in psql or
pgadmin starting from an empty database and some DDL, please submit
that.

If not, can you attach a debugger to the process before it crashes, and
get a core file? There are some instructions here:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Linux/BSD

Thanks