Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file

From: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: sergey(at)mirvoda(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15420: Server crash. Segmentation fault when parsing xml file
Date: 2018-10-04 11:11:48
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 12:18:05PM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> čt 4. 10. 2018 v 12:12 odesílatel Sergey Mirvoda <sergey(at)mirvoda(dot)com>
> I am try to import this xml to Postgres with pgimportdoc
>
> https://github.com/okbob/pgimportdoc
>
> and looks like some libxml2 issue.
>
> pgimportdoc: Unexpected result status: PGRES_FATAL_ERROR
> pgimportdoc: Error: ERROR: invalid XML content
> DETAIL: line 178950: internal error: Huge input lookup
> � органе Пенсионного фонда Российской Федер
>
> ^
> line 178950: attributes construct error

Sergey, what is the version of libxml2 bundled with the Windows
installer and Ubuntu? You should normally be able to see which version
it is on Windows by looking at the version number of the libxml2 dll...
However libxml2 upstream is not smart enough to produce a version file
if I recall correctly (please note last time I looked at that I had to
add to the upstream tree a custom patch to associate a correct version
to the produced dll, making sure that minor MSI upgrades were able to
update the version of libxml2 bundled in a Postgres MSI installer I
lately maintain).
--
Michael