Re: BUG #15727: PANIC: cannot abort transaction 295144144, it was already committed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru
Cc: Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15727: PANIC: cannot abort transaction 295144144, it was already committed
Date: 2019-04-06 16:23:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

It seems that there may be some connection between this problem and
EPQ. I was working on committing Amit's fix for bug #15677, which
demonstrated that EPQ doesn't work for partitioned-table target rels.
It seemed like there really needed to be regression test coverage for
that, so I tried to convert his crasher example into an isolation test.
It does indeed crash without Amit's fix ... but with it, lookee what
I get:

+error in steps c1 complexpartupdate: ERROR: unexpected table_lock_tuple status: 1

That seems fully reproducible in this test. I haven't looked into
exactly what's causing that, but now that we have a reproducible
example, somebody should.

I'm not quite sure if I should commit this as-is or wait till the
other problem is fixed. A crash is probably worse than a bogus
error, but I don't like committing obviously-wrong "expected" output.
Thoughts?

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
bug-15677-fix-with-test.patch text/x-diff 3.9 KB