BUG #16490: We cannot able to access production database remotely

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: meghap(at)crgroup(dot)co(dot)in
Subject: BUG #16490: We cannot able to access production database remotely
Date: 2020-06-11 06:48:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16490
Logged by: Megha P
Email address: meghap(at)crgroup(dot)co(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system: Windows

Hi Team,

We are using the Postgres database for Jira. Now we want to give read-only
access to a database for a user. Read-only access has given to the user in
the database. This is done in Testing Environment first before Production.
In the testing environment, users can access the database remotely by using
Pgadmin. But the production database cannot be able to access.

We have made the same entry as UAT pg_hba config file in Production DB and
tried but most updating the configuration file, the services didn’t seem to
turn up for Postgresql, we have rolled back to the original config file for
pb_hba.

Kindly suggest on the same