BUG #16392: Unable to logon

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ed(dot)g(at)earthlink(dot)net
Subject: BUG #16392: Unable to logon
Date: 2020-04-26 22:12:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16392
Logged by: Ed Grochowski
Email address: ed(dot)g(at)earthlink(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 12.2
Operating system: Windows 10

I am running a synology server with the bundled PostgreSQL. I have modified
the configuration to allow it's use as a networkes database. I do
development locally on MAC OS Sierra and Windows 10 and the Synology.
Here is the problem: I can access Postgres on Synology with pgAdmin4 thruogh
ssh from Win 10 and Mac until I install postgres locally on Windows. pgAdmin
onn the Mac has no trouble connecting to the Synology db but Windows
initially connects to the server but quicly drops the connection. I have
installed pgAdmin separately and bundled with no difference. When pgAdmin is
running without postgres locally everything works fine. When I reinstall
Postgres and connect to the local database pgAdmin drops the network
version.
This seems like a pgAdmin4 configuration issue but I can't pin it down. I
have tried other versions of pgAdmin4 with the same results. It is not a
database issue but a pgAdmin on Windows 10 issue as again, it works fine on
the Mac.