BUG #16017: Postgres does not respond non-local connections

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: davidburcaa(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16017: Postgres does not respond non-local connections
Date: 2019-09-22 13:54:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16017
Logged by: DBurca
Email address: davidburcaa(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.0
Operating system: Windows OS

First thing's first, I actually have 2 versions of Postgres on my computer
(9.4 and 11) because when I check the task manager, postgresql-x64-11 is
stopped and refuses to be started, however, when I run pgAdmin 4, I can
connect to the servers and query stuff into them. I decided to try an
experiment and see if I could connect another device (RaspberryPi running
Raspbian (based on Debian Linux)) to the server on the Windows OS (Note that
I have already looked through the pg_hba.conf.sample and the
postgres.conf.sample (I'm not exactly sure why they're named .sample, Ill
just leave is as-is for now) and changed the settings so that they would
accept non-local connections. But when I try to connect from the RaspberryPi
, it says "psql: could not connect to server: connection timed out". I look
through the log files on the Windows OS device's log files, and as you can
imagine, it sees nothing wrong with this. (Note that both devices are
running on the same wifi connection) I have explored every nook and cranny,
including shutting off my firewall to see if that was the problem, and I
still get no answer. Is there something that I am missing? (More information
can be found at my stack overflow question:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58019474/connection-to-external-postgres-database-times-out)
Thanks in advance!