BUG #15963: DB Connection Error at regular time periods

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: kris(dot)sreekantan(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15963: DB Connection Error at regular time periods
Date: 2019-08-17 05:01:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15963
Logged by: Sreekantan K
Email address: kris(dot)sreekantan(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.5.2
Operating system: Linux

KSEBL has a billing application KSEBLTNET catering service to over 1.25
crores of consumers. We are using PostgreSQL 9.5.2 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled as DB and Linux as OS. The scripting language is PHP 5. DB size
is 4.6TB. Inorder to overcome performance issue we have started Archiving
process. For the last 2 years, DB connection fails at frequent intervals.
In the initial stages connection failures occured at 1PM. After some
periods of time it shifted to 12 noon. Now the problem is noticed at 11PM.
It hinders access to the system and the activities becomes stand still at
particular times as reported above. So kindly help us to solve the issue.