Re: BUG #15746: cache lookup failed for function in plpgsql block

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15746: cache lookup failed for function in plpgsql block
Date: 2019-04-12 16:55:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> writes:
> It seems to me possible that a cast calls a wrong function and
> leads to a crash.

I don't see a good reason to think that a crash is possible.

> But I don't come up with a good way to fix
> this, but applying a part of the patch 04fe805a17 on 11(.2) seems
> working.

FWIW, I intentionally did not back-patch 04fe805a17. I judged
that before the domain-related changes in that patch, such cases
wouldn't come up often enough to justify inserting poorly-tested
code into the back branches. I still think that.