BUG #15937: Partitioning

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: frimmelv(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15937: Partitioning
Date: 2019-08-01 12:51:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15937
Logged by: Vladimír Frimmel
Email address: frimmelv(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.3
Operating system: Linux

Hi, is it possible to LOCK only PARTITION on partitioning table instead of
whole TABLE?
When I performed command LOCK with table partition name, no error raised,
but whole table was locked. Is it OK? We need to lock onli partition, not
whole table. This is the critical point in our migration from Oracle.

Thanks for reply.

Vladimir.