BUG #15936: user defined data type isn't picking default value

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: shiwangini(dot)shishulkar(at)webgility(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15936: user defined data type isn't picking default value
Date: 2019-08-01 07:39:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15936
Logged by: Shiwangini Shishulkar
Email address: shiwangini(dot)shishulkar(at)webgility(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.4
Operating system: CentOS Linux release 7.6.1810 (Core)

We have created a user defined data type type_currency. Below is the
definition:

-- DROP DOMAIN type_currency;

CREATE DOMAIN type_currency AS numeric
DEFAULT 0;

However, when we are not any specific value to this column ,it should by
default pick '0'. However, it isn't working in the way/not taking 0 as
default value.