BUG #15914: cannot get postgresql to work

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: marykellen(dot)park(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15914: cannot get postgresql to work
Date: 2019-07-17 00:47:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15914
Logged by: Kellen Park
Email address: marykellen(dot)park(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.4
Operating system: windows

I downloaded postgresql and when downloading at the end I got the following
error message: "problem running post-install step. installation may not
complete correctly. The database cluster initialization failed."

It looks like it download and it opens on my browser, but I can't do
anything. I am already over a week behind in school and this is horrible! I
have un-installed and re-installed over 50 times. I have tried as admin, but
when I get the following errors:
"Error stopping service"
"Error deleting service"
"The data directory (data directory i used) has not been removed."

I looked everywhere on my computer and it looks like the only thing left
behind is the folder, so I delete the folder before trying to re-install.

I have tried re-installing with a different password, but when I finish
downloading, I still get the same error, and it finishes downloading and
when I sign in it still wants me to use my original password. Seeming as
though it really isn't un-installing fully. I have even cleared my browser
data, and still has the same issue.

I have looked online and it seems like some people had this issue years ago,
but all the help they had didn't work for me.

Please help me. I am so beyond frustrated at this point.