BUG #15767: Export fails 'worker process died unexpectedly' but no error in pg_dump

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ana-mur21s(at)yandex(dot)ru
Subject: BUG #15767: Export fails 'worker process died unexpectedly' but no error in pg_dump
Date: 2019-04-17 09:16:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15767
Logged by: Anna Muravieva
Email address: ana-mur21s(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.0
Operating system: linux

Hello

The problem is still there. Below the export message when the worker process
exits.

[DEBUG] pg_dump: dumping contents of table ".."
[DEBUG] pg_dump: dumping contents of table ".."
[DEBUG] pg_dump: [parallel archiver] could not obtain lock on relation
"collection_result"
This usually means that someone requested an ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock on the
table after the pg_dump parent process had gotten the initial ACCESS SHARE
lock on the table.
[DEBUG] pg_dump: [parallel archiver] a worker process died unexpectedly

If later versions of pg_dump throw this as an "error" or "warning" or
something better, then maybe we can detect it as before by checking the exit
status of non-zero? Do we have way to detect it?

Thank you for help,
Anna

PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> writes:

Bug reference: 15723
Logged by: Anna Muravieva
Email address: ana-mur21s(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system: linux
Hello
We have currently that issue. "worker process died unexpectedly" was
caused
Показать цитату целикомПоказать всю переписку
9.6.1 is pretty old, and since then we've fixed a number of bugs in
pg_dump and/or pg_restore that could cause problems in parallel restores.
Please update to current (9.6.12) and see if the problem still occurs.

If it is still there, you'd need to provide more details, like what SQL
command fails exactly.