BUG #15719: When using reverse proxy in Kubernetes (which terminates TLS) - pgAdmin container often hangs

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: philip(dot)moore(at)8451(dot)com
Subject: BUG #15719: When using reverse proxy in Kubernetes (which terminates TLS) - pgAdmin container often hangs
Date: 2019-03-28 13:38:29
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15719
Logged by: Philip Moore
Email address: philip(dot)moore(at)8451(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 11.2
Operating system: Using Docker container dpage/pgadmin4:4.3

Hi,
When I use the dpage/pgadmin4:4.3 container from Docker hub in Kubernetes -
with an NGINX reverse proxy which terminates SSL/TLS - pgAdmin seems to hang
often after login.
After logging in on the sign in page - it goes to the main page - but
displays: "Loading pgAdmin 4 v4.3..." - but never comes up. The stdout logs
don't seem to indicate any error of any kind, however.

Are there any modifications one must make to the configuration of the
container to support a reverse proxy? I noticed that you have instructions
on how to setup a pgAdmin manually, but I can't find instructions on how to
modify the dpage/pgadmin4:4.3 image for use with NGINX reverse proxy.

Please note - I'm NOT putting a path for pgAdmin in NGINX - i'm just serving
it from path: "/".

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Philip Moore