BUG #15678: The postgresql.conf string does not define server behavior (default_transaction_isolation)

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dhaenoor(at)yandex(dot)ru
Subject: BUG #15678: The postgresql.conf string does not define server behavior (default_transaction_isolation)
Date: 2019-03-08 17:38:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 15678
Logged by: Vasiliy Korotkikh
Email address: dhaenoor(at)yandex(dot)ru
PostgreSQL version: 11.2
Operating system: Debian Stretch

In the configuration file of my server there is the following line:
default_transaction_isolation = 'serializable'

I make a query like this:
select current_setting('transaction_isolation')

It displays this message:
read committed

The isolation level inside the functions also does not correspond to the one
specified in the configuration file.
For verification, I add into functions something like this: INSERT INTO
t1(textval) VALUES (current_setting('transaction_isolation'));

Also I used next query: ALTER ROLE ALL IN DATABASE mydb SET
default_transaction_isolation TO 'serializable';

P.S. If in the future you want to get more sensible error reports, then you
should think about a few examples. People understand examples better than
lengthy documentation descriptions.