Re: BUG #16484: pg_regress fails with --outputdir parameter

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16484: pg_regress fails with --outputdir parameter
Date: 2020-06-08 09:09:42
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 8 Jun 2020, at 07:45, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> Hello,
> pg_regress fails when i try to change the output directory with
> "--outputdir" parameter.
> This happens bacause pg_regress creates the output directory, but doesn't
> create sql and expected subdirectories.

Nice catch, testing the attached patch does indeed make pg_regress run without
errors if outputdir doesn't exist.

While looking at it though, I noticed that we nearby use stat() in a single
place while the rest use check_directory(). Is there a reason to not use
check_directory consistently as per the attached diff?

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_regress_stat.diff application/octet-stream 833 bytes