Re: BUG #16145: Not able to terminate active session

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: MOHAN KUMAR DORAIRAJ <mohankumar(dot)dorairaj(at)globalfoundries(dot)com>
Cc: Mahendra Singh <mahi6run(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16145: Not able to terminate active session
Date: 2019-12-04 13:34:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

MOHAN KUMAR DORAIRAJ <mohankumar(dot)dorairaj(at)globalfoundries(dot)com> writes:
> Is there any other alternative option available.?

Well, why is it that your session is sitting waiting for input from
the Oracle server? That doesn't seem like a condition that ought
to be persistent, most of the time. Perhaps redesigning your
queries against that foreign server would help.

Also, I do recommend asking the Oracle FDW authors about this.
It's possible that adding some CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPT calls in that
FDW would ameliorate things. (I don't know where to file issues
about oracle_fdw, but it's not this list.)