Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #16104: Invalid DSA Memory Alloc Request in Parallel Hash
Date: 2019-12-21 15:02:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Yeah, I suppose it would be nice to get something reusable out of this
> rather than a local definition only. The other important
> characteristic is the direction of rotation, so here's a version that
> defines pg_rotate_right32() in pg_bitutils.h. In back-branches
> without that header we could define it locally.

That looks like a good approach. One thought is that you could rely
on BITS_PER_BYTE from c.h, rather than CHAR_BIT; then you don't have
to #include <limits.h> in bitutils.h, which seems like header creep
we could do without. (I think most other places that want this
constant use BITS_PER_BYTE, too.)