Re: Fwd: BUG #15547: default timezone on servers running while time changed from PDT to PST reverting to UTC.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Matteo <gugoll(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: BUG #15547: default timezone on servers running while time changed from PDT to PST reverting to UTC.
Date: 2018-12-12 14:38:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Matteo <gugoll(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I thought the same thing about tzdata but I didn't update that on any
> servers in that timeframe, the servers are only updated manually and the
> only package that I added was "psmisc-22.20-15.el7.x86_64" on Nov 14th.

Hm. Just to clarify: do you believe that the servers with the wrong
timezone behavior actually changed behavior sometime after being started?
It'd be way easier to believe that they'd been wrong since postmaster
start. Also, do you have the postmaster logs going back to startup?
It'd be interesting to check for possible error/warning messages at
postmaster start, and/or whenever the behavior changed.