Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2

From: Jorge Gustavo Rocha <jgr(at)geomaster(dot)pt>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15827: Unable to connect on Windows using pg_services.conf using Python psycopg2
Date: 2019-06-20 08:48:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Michael,

Às 08:03 de 20/06/19, Michael Paquier escreveu:
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:12:18PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
>> The discussion here is on 10, and the password file has does not
>> enforce the flag either because it filters '\r' by itself. So another
>> solution may be to do the same thing as what's done in
>> passwordFromFile()?
> That still sounds like a good idea to do at the end. So attached is
> the Dr Evil's version I was thinking of, and that would be rather
> back-patchable. (Spoiler: not seriously tested.)
>
> Thoughts?

I've tested your patch and it works. I've just did a small test in
Ubuntu and Windows using MS VSC 2019.

Your version is compiler independent, while Tom's patch was still
relying on MSC fgets behavior (stripping \r if the file is opened in
text mode).

Both patches works and fixes the problem, but this one is compiler
independent.

If this can be back ported, it would be perfect!

Thanks for your patch.

Regards,

Jorge Gustavo

--
Logo*   Geomaster, LDA*
  *VENHA DESCOBRIR O CAMINHO DO OPEN SOURCE CONNOSC**O

*

Avenida Barros e Soares
N.º 423, 4715-214 Braga
VAT/NIF510 906 109