From: "Brian Gunning" <brian(dot)gunning(at)3touch(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2005-02-22 17:15:47
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am currently migrating my database from MS Access to postgreSQL or MySQL.
I am accessingthe databse using a program written in Java. I have all
necessary drivers installed/initialised etc. My server program starts and
connects to the database fine. The problem occurs when I start my client
program, which runs a SQL command to read the database and populate a JTree.
When I migrated to MySQL no changes to my code/SQL commands were necessary
but when the client starts using postgreSQL it errors out at the line
accessing the DB with the following error.

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: column "groupid" does not exist .

The column does exist but the actual name of the column is 'groupID' (with
last two chars. in upper case) and it is of type int4. Are there any
case-sensitive issues I should take into account here?

This line ( and all SQL commands) cause no problems when using MS Access and
MySQL. The database was created by exporting the database from MS Access.

Many Thanks,

Brian

  • Re: at 2005-02-22 17:28:54 from Scott Marlowe