Urgent requirement for PostgreSQL at San Diego, CA

From: "Pratik" <pratik(at)apninc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Urgent requirement for PostgreSQL at San Diego, CA
Date: 2007-03-28 20:28:01
Lists: pgsql-jobs
Hi,

This is Pratik with APN Software Services, INC.

I have requirement with one of our direct client. For you reference given
below is the requirement. Please let me know your interest and availability
for this position. In case if you have any query then please let me know.

Position: PostgreSQL Database Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
Duration: 6+ Months

Job Description:
This position involves creating tables, views, functions and stored
procedures to support front end OLTP and reporting applications.  The ideal
developer will have thorough knowledge of SQL (PL/pgSQL), experience with at
least one other PostgreSQL language (e.g. PL/Perl), and extensive experience
with complex stored procedures, code optimization, and index tuning in
PostgreSQL.

Ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
5+ years database development with PostgreSQL
Knowledge of at least one other language in addition to PL/pgSQL, such as
PL/Perl or PL/Java.
Experience implementing PostgreSQL replication using Slony-I.
Some experience with either SQL Server 2000 or Oracle 9i/10g.
Significant background in creating complex stored procedures and SQL scripts

Understanding of database normalization concepts
Some experience in logical and physical database design and implementation
Prior experience working in a project oriented environment and meeting
deadlines under tight time constraints
Strong analytical skills
Capable of working independently with minimal supervision

Pratik Gandhi

Resource Manager
APN Software Services Inc.
Phone: (510) 870-8797
E-Mail: pratik(at)apninc(dot)com
 <http://www.apninc.com/> www.apninc.com

pgsql-jobs by date

Next:From: poornimaDate: 2007-04-04 06:12:33