RE : Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ?

From: "Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE : Is the use of array as PL/PGSQL function arguments ?
Date: 2003-10-02 07:49:35
Lists: pgsql-general

> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myownfunction(members.id%TYPE[],
> > events.id%TYPE) RETURNS BOOLEAN AS '
>
> You can certainly use arrays as arguments, but I don't think
> you can combine %TYPE with [] like that.

Thanks Tom for the information ! :-)

When I create functions with %TYPE, PostgreSQL replies that it will
convert the %TYPE with a VARCHAR (for example). So it could replace a
%TYPE[] by a VARCHAR[] (in my example) ?

It seems that this modification could be done easily, I will try to find
in the source code to create this patch. (Without any warranties, I
never done a patch for PostgreSQL).

In the meantime, is it possible to add this feature in the TODO list ?

Regards,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net