RE : Query problem

From: "Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
To: "'pginfo'" <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>,<pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE : Query problem
Date: 2003-07-27 13:26:03
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hello,

> One of my selects is working much slower as in oracle.
> In this example I am using not many rows in tables.
> For all the joins I have indexes.
> All IDS or IDS_xxx are name.
>
> Pls if it is possible poit me how to fix this problem.
>
> I send the query and the explai analyze.
> I have ran vacuum analyze full on db.

Have you tuned your postgresql.conf settings ?

The PostgreSQL default settings are very low in order to allow
PostgreSQL to RUN on old machines and new machines. If you need
PERFORMANCE (which is quite logic), you must setup the postgresql.conf
file.

Here's a nice article about the postgresql.conf file tuning :
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

Hope this help ! :-)

Cheers,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net