Re: reg:conninfo

From: "Andy Shellam" <andy(dot)shellam(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "'sandhya'" <sandhyar(at)amiindia(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: reg:conninfo
Date: 2006-03-20 09:52:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Sandhya,

You have mentioned 3 different IP addresses for your server in this topic so
far.

Your pg_hba.conf entry says "10.0.3.67/32" - which means only that IP can
connect - the IP address/range in pg_hba.conf should be your client IP (if
this is on the same server as PGSQL, the best way is to use 127.0.0.1 (the
system default localhost IP)).

Your application appears to be trying to connect to 10.0.0.205, which is
different to the one you've just said your server is 10.0.2.56.

Do an "ifconfig" on the console and find out what network adapters there are
in your server, and what IPs they're bound to - then in your postgresql.conf
bind PostgreSQL to one of them (if you have multiple adapters) (using the
listen_address=... option - then you can use that IP to specify as the
connection IP in your application.

But you need to get some consistency in the IPs your server is listening on,
and your application is trying to connect to.

Andy