Re: pagination in the PostgreSQL 7.2 Programmer's Guide

From: Rich Morin <rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pagination in the PostgreSQL 7.2 Programmer's Guide
Date: 2002-03-27 23:53:59
Lists: pgsql-docs

At 12:14 AM -0500 3/11/02, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Rich Morin writes:
>
>> If someone works on the stylesheet, BTW, they might also want to force
>> the start of each chapter onto an odd page.
>
>The rendition you are looking at is built in one-sided mode. You can also
>build the docs in two-sided mode, in which case you get components
>starting on the right-hand page, page header and footer alignment
>alternating between left and right, and all the other things you'd expect.

Seems reasonable; let's try it...

Judging from .../INSTALL, I should use gmake.

Looks like .../doc/src is the key directory.

Whoops! No READMEs in sight...

Hmmm. Nothing in .../doc/src/Makefile about "two-sided mode".

Aha. I see .../doc/src/sgml/Makefile, but nothing there, either.

% grep 'two-sided' *
% (ulp)

Would some assistance be too much to ask for? I'm not expert in (g)make,
PostgreSQL, SGML, or (*)TeX*, but I don't really think I should have to
be, in order to generate the needed PostScript files. If someone would
give me a bit of hand-holding, I _promise_ to keep good notes! Hey; I'll
even give you an acknowledgement if you like!

-r
--
email: rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm - my home page, resume, etc.