Re: 5 Weeks till feature freeze or (do you know where your patch is?)

From: Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith(at)pooteeweet(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 5 Weeks till feature freeze or (do you know where your patch is?)
Date: 2007-02-23 23:49:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 5 weeks to feature freeze folks. Please provide updates including if you
> think you will have a patch submitted before feature freeze. Be
> realistic, if you can't make it -- say so.
>

> Alvaro Herrera: Autovacuum improvements (maintenance window etc..)
> Gavin Sherry: Bitmap Indexes (on disk), possible basic Window functions
> Greg Stark: WITH/Recursive Queries?
> Andrei Kovalesvki: Some Win32 work with Magnus
> Magnus Hagander: VC++ support (thank goodness)
> Heikki Linnakangas: Vacuum for Bitmap Indexes, Group Index Tuples
> Oleg Bartunov: Tsearch2 in core
> Neil Conway: Patch Review (including enums), pg_fcache
> PeterE: XML
> ITAGAKI Takahiro: Dead space map, load distributed checkpoints
> Stephen Frost: Default permission per object/schema
> Tom Lane: Cost based functions, operator overhaul, Plan Invalidation?
> Simon Riggs: HOT ( you know he just is )
> Pavan Deolasee: HOT ( never met him )
> Teodor Sigaev: Tsearch2 in core (with Oleg)
> Jeff Davis: Synchronized scanning
> Henry Hotz: GSSAPI (with Magnus)
> Andrew Dunstan: Something with COPY? Andrew?
> David Fetter: Arrays of compound types
>
> Looking for updates on Updateable views. Anyone? Bueller?

Afaik Bernd is working in this one and he is targetting 8.4

Looks like we are doing redundant work here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:WishlistFor83

Where/how do you maintained your todo list Joshua? Would love to join
"forces" on this one .. especially since I send out emails to many of
the above noted people. If we both send emails to everybody they might
get ticked off ..

regards,
Lukas