Re: multivariate statistics v14

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii(at)postgresql(dot)org>, jeff(dot)janes(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multivariate statistics v14
Date: 2016-03-26 02:02:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03/25/2016 10:26 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
>> I could do that, but isn't that a bit pointless? I thought pgindent is
>> run regularly on the whole codebase, not for individual patches. Sure,
>> it'll tweak the formatting on a few places in the patch (including the
>> code discussed above, as you pointed out), but there are many other such
>> places coming from other committed patches.
>
> One point of running pgindent for yourself is to make sure you
> haven't set up any code in a way that will look horrible after
> pgindent gets done with it.

Fair point. Attached is v18 of the patch, after pgindent cleanup.

FWIW, most of the tweaks were minor things like (! x) instead of (!x)
and so on. I also had to fix a few comments with internal formatting,
because pgindent decided to reformat the text using tabs etc.

There are a few places where I reverted the pgindent formatting, because
it seemed a bit too weird - the first one are the lists of function
prototypes in common.h/mvstat.h, the second one are function calls to
_greedy/_exhaustive methods.

None of those places would however qualify as 'horrible' in my opinion,
and the _greedy/_exhaustive functions are in the 0006 part, so fixing
that is not of immediate importance I think.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
multivariate-stats-v18.tgz application/x-compressed-tar 144.6 KB