PlayStation 2 problems

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PlayStation 2 problems
Date: 2003-11-02 21:47:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've tried PG 7.4 on a PlayStation 2/Linux. This is a kind of mips
machine but apparently doesn't like the existing mips assembly code
(illegal instruction errors). I've also tried --disable-spinlocks to turn
off the use of the assembly code, without success.

The old report from 7.3 has the comment

#undef HAS_TEST_AND_SET, remove slock_t typedef

I've additionally had to disable the mips tas_dummy in s_lock.c. (How is
this tas_dummy code reached anyway?) Shouldn't this be taken care of by
--disable-spinlocks?

Also, we need a newer version of config.guess to support this platform.

--
Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net