Re: Problems with DBI transaction handling

From: Rudy Lippan <rlippan(at)remotelinux(dot)com>
To: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problems with DBI transaction handling
Date: 2003-02-06 21:36:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Hans-Jürgen Schönig wrote:

> Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 09:59:36 +0100
> From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
> To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Subject: [INTERFACES] Problems with DBI transaction handling
>
> Does anybody else have problems with DBI transaction handling? Since
> PostgreSQL 7.3 (most likely) the stuff seems to be broken. Errors occur
> even if autocommit is set properly and rollbacks are not performed the
> way it should be.

What version of DBD::Pg are you using? There was a fix put in for a bug
with failed transactions in v 1.21. From the chagelog:

Properly reset transaction status after failed transaction when
autocommit is off. Properly report transaction failure message.
Kai <kai(at)xs4all(dot)nl>

> Does anybody have similar problems? This is VERY annoying and should not
> happen.

I have been using 7.3 since the end of november, and I have not had any
problems with transactions, BTA this is just a development envionment.

What are you seeing? Do you have any sample code? Maybe a trace?

> The problem is: There is no other interface around providing persistent
> connections with Perl/Apache.

How are you using persistant connections?

-r