Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak

From: "Roderick A(dot) Anderson" <raanders(at)acm(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL giving jitters to Skypak
Date: 2004-08-24 20:19:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Jussi(dot)Mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I think it would be a good idea to check how they are using indexes, and
> what the structure of the database is. Missing an index or two can
> affect quite much.

My interest is in the type of hard drive interface, the drive(s) capacity
and utilization and the size of the database. There is no mention in the
article and though we on the list know better than to use IDE in
(database) servers I've seen plenty of systems from major manufacturers
come with IDE.

Rod