Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Ports <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cygwin PostgreSQL Distribution
Date: 2001-04-05 21:26:50
Lists: pgsql-ports

Jason Tishler writes:

> BTW, my pre-built Cygwin PostgreSQL tarball has the following directory
> structure under the configure prefix:
>
> bin
> doc
> doc/html
> include
> include/lib
> include/libpq

What do you put into these two? It's not necessarily a good idea to
divert from the standard layout under include because people might start
relying on `pg_config --includedir` to configure their packages. But if
there is some standard that requires you to do this...

> include/libpq++
> lib
> man
> man/cat1 # added by me to speed up man
> man/catl # added by me to speed up man
> man/man1
> man/manl
> share
>
> I hope that it is OK -- that is I don't see any "include/postgresql" or
> "share/postgresql" as indicated above.

You only get these if $prefix doesn't contain "postgresql" (or pgsql)
already, like in the case of /usr/local.