Re: Problem with compile pgsql on Irix 5.3

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Marek Bobrowski <marek(at)indy(dot)chemia(dot)pk(dot)edu(dot)pl>
Cc: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with compile pgsql on Irix 5.3
Date: 2001-01-03 16:36:34
Lists: pgsql-ports

Marek Bobrowski writes:

> Hi,
> I want instal on my server pgsql, i have installed gcc version 2.7.2.3.f.1, and
> for compile it i installed now GNU Make version 3.73,
> First I call ./configure (configure.log is attached to this mail), next i call
> gmake and get error message (error messages is attached as gmake.err). I have
> no more experience in compile more complicated packages and not know what is
> bad, maybe you can help me. I very need pgsql on this computer.

You cannot compile PostgreSQL 7.0 or earlier on Irix with GCC; you must
use the SGI compiler. You might want to try a 7.1 beta version, which
might work. (I added support for it, but I don't actually have a system
to try so I'd appreciate it if you could test it.)

And you might want to update your gcc and gmake. I'd recommend gmake
3.76.1.