Re: URGENT! pg_dump doesn't work!

From: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Wim <wdh(at)belbone(dot)be>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: URGENT! pg_dump doesn't work!
Date: 2002-07-22 20:27:55
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Tom Lane wrote:

> Wim <wdh(at)belbone(dot)be> writes:
> > I have a problem with my postgres 7.2.1 database.
> > I can't perform a pg_dump one my database...
> > The message I get back is:
>
> Odd. I am thinking this might be a corrupted-data problem.
>
> If you are lucky, the corruption is in an index, and you can fix it
> by rebuilding the system indexes. Read the REINDEX reference page
> (carefully, it's a convoluted procedure)

Tom,

That's why I went down the hardware question. Given the error reported by Wim
though seems to be a memory allocation, actually freeing, fault would data
corruption in any persistent storage object be suspect?

I suppose it worth checking that the error persists across a backend
restart. Wim?

--
Nigel J. Andrews
Director