Re: JDBC & XML-DBMS

From: Peter Mount <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: Alexander Yurov <ayurov(at)incap(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: JDBC & XML-DBMS
Date: 2000-10-17 18:33:28
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Alexander Yurov wrote:

> 1. JDBC Driver returns empty separator in the database catalog.

In the source I have the following comment:
// PM Sep 29 97 - changed from "." as we don't support catalogs.

So back in 1997 I removed the "."

> 2. Why JDBC Driver returns column (procedures etc.) name pattern in lower case?

JDBC doesn't change any case, so unless you quoted the column when the
table was created, it will return it in lower case because the backend has
done the deed.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk http://www.retep.org.uk