Re: Re: [HACKERS] proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license

From: eisentrp(at)csis(dot)gvsu(dot)edu
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>, chris(at)bitmead(dot)com, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [HACKERS] proposed improvements to PostgreSQL license
Date: 2000-07-04 11:23:21
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Chris and Peter may not feel that they need to worry about the
> sillinesses of the American legal system, but those of us who are
> within its reach do need to worry about it.

I grant you that, but as Chris pointed out the proposed change may
actually have a net negative effect, namely bringing those outside the
reach of the American legal system withing it, and at the same time not
doing anything for other silly legal systems.

I, and I think most others, don't have a problem with repeating the
existing boilerplate with s/Regents of the University of
California/various contributors/g.

--
Peter Eisentraut Sernanders vaeg 10:115
peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net 75262 Uppsala