Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status

From: Joachim Achtzehnter <joachim(at)kraut(dot)bc(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Subject: Re: Request for 7.0 JDBC status
Date: 2000-05-02 04:50:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Today, in a message to Thomas Lockhart, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I am unable to compile the java code with kaffe. Can anyone compile
> > > jdbc under 7.0?
>
> However, it seems kaffe can't compile self-referencing java files. I
> don't know enough about java to know that is a problem or not.

Have not tried with 7.0, but recent versions of Kaffe were definitely able
to compile the JDBC code that came with 6.5.3, but only after modifying
the version check in the makeVersion.java file in src/interfaces/jdbc (and
perhaps elsewhere where a versioon check occurs). The code checks for the
java version string and rejects everything that doesn't start with either
1.1 or 1.2. The problem was that Kaffe reports its own version, e.g. 1.02,
rather than the corresponding JDK version.

Joachim

--
private: joachim(at)kraut(dot)bc(dot)ca (http://www.kraut.bc.ca)
work: joachim(at)mercury(dot)bc(dot)ca (http://www.mercury.bc.ca)