PLEASE HELP ME!!!binary in text/varchar?

From: Swaminathan Natarajan <swami(at)dcs(dot)uky(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PLEASE HELP ME!!!binary in text/varchar?
Date: 2001-03-29 20:33:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi there!

I am using pgsql 7.0/ecpg C interface on Redhat 6.1.
Is it possible to store and retrieve fixed length binary data (<100bytes
in length) in text or varchar (or any other data type)? Using ecpg, I want
to "memcpy" from my local variable to a field in the table and back.
Postgresql seems to do a "strcpy" instead. If someone can help me, I
would greatly appreciate it! I checked the archives and examples but found
no relevant articles.

THANKS!!!
Swami.